Saturday, May 12, 2018

Where did Spring go?

It reached 90 degrees this afternoon. For the longest time, it felt as if Winter would never leave, and then Summer shows up skipping Spring! The weather forecast looks warmer than normal for the next several days. Let me say this again --- I do not like the heat.




I went to the library this afternoon to get a book I had on hold. It is called, "Shoe Dog", by Phil Knight. it's a memoir of his life and how he began selling Nike shoes. He actually began selling the Japanese brand Onitsuka Tiger running shoe which was my first running shoe. Then Nike was my second or third. 

In a TV interview the other day, Knight said that the title meant someone who is obsessed with shoes - I can't remember if he said running shoes or just shoes in general. I remember buying over 50 pairs of shoes my first year of running! I gave up smoking one day after I began running in January 1978, but spent any money I would have saved on those shoes. Still, it gave me very good practical experience on what shoes were the best running shoes.

The robins are doing well. I can't wait for them to leave the nest so we can reclaim the front porch.



Look for the beaks and ignore the fur...


     

No comments:

Post a Comment