Saturday, May 5, 2018

Top Gun and a Horse Parade

Last night we decided to watch a movie instead of listening to the latest news (read politics) or read our books. We decided to watch one of our favorites - Top Gun. We've watched this many times, and I never have gotten tired of it. I put this with my Bourne trilogy (I haven't seen the 4th one yet), The Big Chill, and most John Wayne and Humphrey Bogart films.

Once on Facebook, I posted a picture of me taken in Vietnam at the very young of 25 and compared it to Maverick (Tom Cruise) playing volleyball. I asked for comparisons. I'll let you judge for yourself.




We went downtown to see a horse parade this morning. Actually, it was not real horses, but fiberglass (I think) models made by a local notoriety famous for making statues, etc., and placing them around the area. He (Mark Cline) was the Grand Marshal.


  There were 15 horses total. They had been placed around town for a few weeks before the parade and were returned to their respective locations afterward. There will be an auction in the Fall and the money will go to a charity, the name of which escapes me at the moment.
Here are a few pictures; I will post a few more each day.






Nothing new on Day 14 of the Robin Watch...




1 comment:

  1. The charity is CASA--a group of volunteers (Court-Appointed Special Advocates) who speak for the best interests of specific children currently in limbo in Virginia's Foster Care system.

    I see the Tom Cruise resemblance. He was better in A Few Good Men.

    ReplyDelete