Thursday, May 10, 2018

Philo McGiffin

This past Sunday when my brother and I were talking about the past, I remarked that last summer when I returned to Washington, PA, where we grew up, I noticed a historical marker in front of the county courthouse that I never remembered seeing before.


Philo McGiffin had a very interesting career as the marker indicates. But that is only part of the story. I recommend you read about him on Wikipedia. The link to his entry follows:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_McGiffin

I wonder why the marker says he died of his injuries, but the article says he committed suicide? In any case, a very interesting character. And the article explains much about naval officers became commissioned and assigned to ships back then.

The Robin Watch continues...they are growing and growing...



No comments:

Post a Comment