Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. Here's a picture of my Mom and me I have posted before - on her birthday in February. She would have been 92 this year.


This would have been in late 1944/early 1945 and I was not quite a year old yet.

Another mother had a scare today. Moma Robin was away from the nest and one of the younguns decided to try to fly and jumped out of the nest only to fall to the porch! It appeared to be okay but was crawling around on the porch and Moma still had not come back.

My wife checked Google to see if it was safe to pick them up - we didn't want the parents to refuse to take care of it - and Google said it was okay to put it back in the nest. But if it happened again we were to leave them alone because in 2-5 days they would be flying on their own. 

Everybody is safe for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment