Sunday, April 8, 2018

Time

I decided to go without a wristwatch today. Don’t get me wrong; I love wristwatches. I have over a dozen, both modern and some classic; like over 70 years old classic.

It’s just that sometimes the band bothers me by getting in my arm hair, or it’s just too tight. I have wondered what it would be like to go without a watch. I have lived most of my life according to schedules. Before high school, it was not as much, but once I became a student with competing requirements, juggling time was always a priority.

College was worse, then a career in the military where time is everything. The military even has a special way of writing it and saying it. New words become second nature to you; deadlines and suspenses and the like.

Suspenses are my favorite. Most civilians don’t know what it really means in the military. It actually is nothing other than a time when something is due, usually a report or an action.

But I digress. I had time constraints in my civilian careers after the Army as well. And now that I am retired, I still have times that I must be somewhere or the other. I’m not talking about doctor appointments and such, but I volunteer. I have to be at certain locations on certain days at certain times.

So today I am not wearing a watch and pretending I do not have any time requirements. Though I really do. Washing clothes, packing up an old modem to return, and writing this blog are still around.

But I am pretending. The only thing I am watching the clock for (besides the clothes dryer) are chocolate chip cookies my wife is making for me.










(Arial12)


No comments:

Post a Comment