Saturday, April 7, 2018

My New Wi-Fi Modem

Well, this was a wasted day for everything I wanted to do unless I count that I wanted to connect my new Wi-Fi modem up to my computer, printer, and smartphones.

The actual connecting up with the physical cable and electrical plug took very little time; maybe a whole ten minutes and eight of those were spent going into the garage to get a wrench to disconnect the cable from the old box.

Once I got things connected, the changing of IP address and new password didn’t take long as well, maybe five minutes. All lights were on. Then things began to go downhill from there.


It took me some ten or fifteen minutes to connect my smartphone and another five to get my wife’s connected. I then said to myself I was done. But something was nagging me that I wasn’t.

After a trip to Wal-Mart and a late lunch, my wife needed to type up a letter on the computer and print it – Oh, My! I now remembered I hadn’t finished. My e-printer was not hooked up. That took another 30 minutes.

But I still wasn’t done. Now I had to get my e-printer to recognize and print from our smartphones. Mine only took about ten minutes. One hour later, I got my wife’s to work. I hope.

Now all I have to do is pack up the old modem and ship it back (free, at least) within 30 days to keep from being charged for it.

Why does it feel like I have not gotten anything done today?



(Arial 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment