Monday, April 23, 2018

Another Egg!

Our robin had a second egg yesterday! She is now sitting on the nest almost all day today. We can't use either the front door or the sliding porch doors because it scares her off the nest.


We have to use the garage door (the big one, we don't have a separate small one). I hope it is not as long as Wikipedia says- up to four weeks! You can barely see her in the picture below.


Did some file work in the loft yesterday. I went to Walmart yesterday and bought another plastic file box. I have one already but have outgrown it. Now I just have to do the filing!

I was watching TV commercials this morning and was reminded of something else about them (Those of you who have been following me have hopefully read my rant about how the people in them always exaggerate their frustration and incompetence on getting something to work until they try the item being advertised.)

Today I was watching an ad for a motorized lawnmower - it was either a John Deere or Husqvarna - and was riding over grass that had grown over a highway. In small print, it said, "Do not attempt. The lawnmower is not made to drive on the highway." As if we wouldn't know.

My wife told me of one she saw about a pizza - she couldn't remember which one. In small print, it said, "Do not attempt to eat pizza before opening box". Okaaay?!

Did my volunteer work at the library today. Also babysat the daily book sale for the last day; my friend returns tomorrow. All the Hillaries were safe. I guess it was a one-off.

I wish I had taken a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment