Thursday, May 9, 2024

Some Changes to the Schedule; Mish-Mash

 Several changes have to be made to my/our schedule. 

Sabrina told us yesterday that she and Josh are getting married next Friday, the 17th, by the mayor. It will be at the home of Josh's parents. No other guests will be there. We will go up that morning, stay the night, and drive home early Saturday morning.

I changed my haircut appointment from the 17th to tomorrow. The car got serviced today. It needed new tires and several other things. The total bill was just under $1900!  And we just sold the Saturn yesterday to a local Kia dealership for $1500 yesterday! Unbelievable.

With the additional we just spent on the car plus giving a money gift for the kids, there will likely be no savings this month.

Reading-wise, I am getting into a groove of sorts and will be discussing the books here in the coming days. I'll be introducing them first. I am reading volume 1 of a four (so far) set history of England by Peter Ackroyd. I enjoy his writing. He does put a lot of information in whatever he is writing about, but I enjoy. Volume 1 is titled FOUNDATION and begins with the early Vikings, Saxons, and Romans, and goes to the first Tudor kings.


With the other books I am reading, I get to it about every 2-3 days. So far, it's workable. And I have two library books I am reading.

Still need to work on my writing, however. Don't know why I am putting it off.

Today was change the sensor day for the Fibrelyte 3 diabetes sensor. Every 14 days.

More tomorrow about the Saturn (the car we sold).


No comments:

Post a Comment