Sunday, May 5, 2024

Reading Update

 I finished my book club book last night. It was titled "The Girl with a Clock for a Heart". I enjoyed it. It is a complicated (at least to me) mystery in two time periods, 20 years apart. The ending was a surprise with a twist I did not see coming. It's a June read, so I am returning it to the library for now and will attempt to get it again before we meet to help me answer the questions.

For now, I am reading an old paperback (1966) about a man who lost his sleep center in the brain, consequently, he doesn't sleep. It is a tongue-in-cheek mystery about lost gold, the IRA, and other extremist groups. I should finish it in a couple of days. By then I will have picked up another book or two from the library I want to read.

If I have time before dinner I plan to organise my writing notes. I don't know if I said anything before, but I am going to attempt to write that novel, but only for a hobby not for selling.

I still have Foundation by Peter Ackroyd and Lincoln on Democracy Mario Cuomo on my reading shelf and have just added The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell and The Mystery of Courage by William Ian Miller. The courage book is one I've read twice before.

I talked to Jerry this morning and will spend some time in the next day or so updating here.

No comments:

Post a Comment