Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Update and Upcoming

 Whatever it was that Laid me low last week left and we were able to out to a 34th wedding anniversary dinner on Saturday, a day late of the actual date, the 26th. We went to Staunton to a restaurant we last ate at in 2010 when we first moved to Virginia. It is called Aioli and was very good. I had a blackened tuna steak. Lisa had a filet. We'll definitely go back before another 14 years - I would be 94 if for no other reason!

Today is a major crisis for me. I have a dentist visit to have three front-bottom teeth pulled. They have become bad and loose. It was originally four teeth, but one fell out about six weeks ago. To say I am nervous is to say the least. I hate going to the dentist - which is probably a major reason these teeth must come out now. I will be getting a partial in about 4-6 weeks.

I have just begun reading Moby-Dick. Let's see if I stay with it. I'm also reading two other fiction books - The Girl with a Clock for a Heart by Peter Swanson, and A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. The first one is for the mystery book club at the end of May.

I began again to place my Vietnam photos into a small album. A few each day. Maybe I can finish it in a month or so.

Now I have to get ready for the trip to the dentist. Results here maybe tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment