Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Come and Gone

 Well, my birthday came and went. There were some plusses and some minuses. 

I got my raw oysters - we went to a late lunch in nearby Stauntan to eat at The Blue Point, a seafood restaurant. We ate there once before; I think it was last year. I got a dozen oysters and then ordered fish and chips - another favorite.

The oysters were good. The fish and chips not so much; the fish was haddock and was one large piece and was overcooked. I had a Heniken non-alcoholic beer. But the worst part of all was that service was SO VERY SLOW. It wasn't poor, just slow.

On top of that, Saturday in the town meant the restaurants served lunch and dinner in the street. That meant finding another place to park from the usual one we used. That meant a longer walk. On uneven brick sidewalks. Oh, and did I say we forgot the exact location? Well, we did. Consequently, we had to retrace our steps on the streets.

On the positive side, I did receive over 200 birthday wishes and have spent the past two days answering them on Facebook with a simple "Thanks ....". 

I didn't get any presents (I got my tablet days earlier!), but did get a few cards. All in all, not so very memorable. 

Enough for now; have to get cleaned up to go buy a walker before this weekend (will explain in the next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment