Saturday, November 28, 2020

GoodReads

 I have an account with Goodreads with which I keep track of my reading. I also use it to list books in my library as well. I also follow several people who are much more avid readers, faster readers, and readers who can write better reviews of books they have read. I usually do not write reviews there because of intimidation; my writing just can't compare to theirs.

But I have decided to begin using GoodReads to write my reviews and forget about using my blog. I know that will limit me as to what I will write about, but at least I will be able to potentially get some feedback on my reading/reviews/writing.

I wrote my really first review this morning on GR about the last book I just finished.


It's about the Pan Am Seaplanes, called Clippers, and how the company tried to save all of them at the beginning of WW2 when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. The book is actually the story of one of them specifically, the Pacific Clipper.

During the war, these aircraft worked for/under the Army Air Transport Command. My father was in the Army Air Corps during the war and his Army unit was in the ATC. Though he didn't fly this type of airplane - he flew new and repaired B17's and B24's to Brazil and North Africa and returned with damaged ones - he did fly a very similar route from North America to Brazil to Africa. It was exciting to read about the Clipper's journey coming west.

No comments:

Post a Comment