Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Books, Books, Books

 It's raining cats and dogs and books in my study today. I am trying to get next year's books for the B&B assigned to months. I've sent the emails out; now just waiting to hear back. The first is taken care of because one of the members stepped up and volunteered to do two this year and I asked she would do the first one. She said yes. Takes a load off right there.

I've also been working on the new book club, The Mysterious Book Club for now, gathering members and an initial book list. Typical me, I've already changed my list twice. But it's not all my fault. A couple of people chose a book or two on my list. I figure I have more variety in my library than they do, so I just deleted from my list and went hunting again.

Back to the B&B club - I still haven't chosen my selection yet. Don't know whether to go with fiction or nonfiction. Maybe I'll select a fiction for this club that won't fit in the other. Thinking out loud now. 

In other news, COVID is continuing to be the pandemic the scientists and medical experts feared. The country will have 250,000 deaths in a few days. Still, not as deadly as the Spanish Flu of 1918, but then people have very short memories. And they don't like to study history. One of the things that we learned from the 1918 flu 1) wear a mask, 2) avoid crowds, and 3) wash your hands frequently. Sound familiar? People today believe it is their right to decide whether to wear a mask. Yes, until it affects others' health.

Sorry, I made a rule not to get into politics on this blog. But it is difficult at times. That's why I spend so little time on Facebook. I'll leave you with a picture today and talk about it next time.




2 comments:

  1. That's a Yankee jumper. But I don't think Pop made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. It's a picture from a website. Amazingly, it's not universally known. I'm trying to get some history on it and wil post it when I do. I've been tied up on my book clubs the last two days and haven't done much of anything else. I've got one taken care of now, so I can get back to reading and posting.

    ReplyDelete