Saturday, February 17, 2018

Getting Library Volunteers

I have spent most of the last two days on sifting through volunteer applications from the library. Some go back as far as a year and a half ago. Most I had to send emails to instead of just calling them. Since I have an area code from New Jersey, most would not pick up but would call back after they heard my voicemail message. But since many of them have area codes not from here, I wouldn't have picked up until I heard their voicemail message. A lot of wasted time there.

But I have gotten through the applications. I have heard from one couple who applied last May. They would love to volunteer, but they have moved to Utah. I did one get one person, however, who seems a great fit for a much needed Neatoscanner for our books we send to Amazon. And I got another volunteer to work at the Monthly Book Sale. Not bad for two days when you consider it.

It's supposed to snow and maybe even ice up a little tonight, but warm up tomorrow. We're not going anywhere. And I have a new episode of The Murdoch Mysteries this evening. 



(Trebuchet Normal)

No comments:

Post a Comment