Monday, January 22, 2018

Volunteering and Backaches

          I had three days of heavy volunteering over the past four. Started out on Friday with a special tour of the Stonewall Jackson House. It's closed during January and February every year for maintenance and general sprucing up. But there a special group of people from one of the nearby hospitals that like come down every year at this time. I have volunteered for the last six years to do the tour. I enjoy it. This year I was on my feet for over three hours straight once you count arriving, waiting, and talking afterward. It put a lot of stress on my back with a pinched nerve, as well as my sore thigh muscle. 

          I didn't get much rest on Saturday and was right back at the SJH on Sunday giving free tours for his birthday. He was born on January 21, 1824, in Weston, WVA (then it was still Virginia). I stood for most of the four hours I was there, though I did get to sit during breaks in the visitor traffic.

          This afternoon I spent three hours working at the library sitting and typing into a computer. I tried to sit up properly, but nevertheless, my back is really bad now. I had taken an Aleve just before I went to the library this afternoon. I think it only deadened the pain. Fortunately, I can relax tomorrow until the evening when we have another Trivia Night. 

          I think I'll make a cocktail...



(Georgia Normal font)

No comments:

Post a Comment