Monday, February 4, 2019

Let's Try Again

Yesterday's blog writing was a disaster. I couldn't post anything. I tried twice. (As you can see now that I have found it.)

Admittedly, I was writing late - after the Super Bowl - but that shouldn't have mattered. All I know is that my work wasn't saved. And the trouble is that I don't remember everything I was writing.

One thing I do remember I wanted to comment about was a book I am reading for the book club's May selection: "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson. 




Essentially, it is about a girl who is born but keeps dying and then is reborn again through different events or circumstances. WW2, especially the Blitz, plays a large part in the story. Of course, it takes place in England.

I tried to read it a few years ago but found it too confusing. This time I am reading it and making notes as to when and why Ursula (her name) dies, and then how her death is prevented the next time.

Just to add to this mystery of yesterday's post, the following was also listed as saved as a draft of the Feb 3 post:


"Today was Super Bowl Sunday. I wasn't interested in the game nor the teams (Patriots vs Rams) other than I was born in Los Angeles. Actually, Culver City, but most people not in the film industry would know that.

I spent some time today working on answers to questions as to why he was hanging around the like a spy as opposed to a close friend.

Tomorrow I will attempt to become the first female intelligence officer."

The first paragraph is factually correct, though it could have been written more clearly. The second and third make no sense at all to me. I don't remember writing them. Could I have been writing in the POV of the Ursula in the story? I simply don't know.

Scary, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment