Thursday, February 7, 2019

Book Reviews or Book Reports


As I was reading today, I thought about what I would write, if anything, on the Goodreads app about the book I am currently reading. I realized that I don't write reviews of books that I read. I usually just give it a star rating and maybe a word or two reinforcing the rating. Nothing that really would help another reader.

I began to think about why I don't write reviews. The simple answer is that I don't like to take the time to write one. It's enough for me to give it a star-rating, say a few things about the book, and then move on. It's as if I don't want to waste time writing about a book I have read when I could already be reading another.

Having that attitude is sure to cause problems when the time comes to discuss the book. Interestingly, I have almost no time for book reviewers like me. They don't tell me anything. I enjoy the well-thought-out reviews that not only tell a little about the plot, but also a little about how the plot moves forward.

I'm getting tired now - I can see from what I wrote in the last paragraph. I think I'll stop now.



No comments:

Post a Comment