Thursday, June 7, 2018

Moving

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that moving was very high of the stresses of life list. Looked it up today on the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale and it wasn't even in the top ten. I had to look further down the list and found it at number 32 (if the list continued in stress order so to speak). Right now, I would put it in my top five for sure.

Had a mover estimator come this afternoon to look around. He will work up an estimate and send it to us in a day or so. He estimated we would pack about 40 boxes and they would pack about 90, mostly books in both cases. I think that's right.



And the books keep going back on both sides of the picture. This doesn't include the books in the living room and downstairs bedroom. And we won't talk about the garage.

We're going to have a yard sale, but initially, we were concentrating on stuff that we haven't used for a long time, or in many cases since we moved to Virginia. I was going to include some books, but now have to revise my thinking. Possibly a trip to a local used bookstore in town to ask them to come and give me a quote. The problem is that the books are nowhere close to being segregated as to which to keep and which to sell.

And I don't have a place to put the ones I want to sell yet because I am cleaning that area for things to go towards the yard sale.

I think "change of residence" should be rated higher than 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment