Sunday, June 14, 2020

As the Week Ends

It was an up and down week.
  • Completed the project for the SJH. It was just proofreading the exhibit labels for the gift shop museum orientation room. It wasn't difficult and I enjoyed doing something different.

  • We held our monthly book club meeting virtually. While only 6 of 14 people made it, it worked well. We don't know what we're doing next month yet.

  • My current reading hasn't changed much this week. I did finish "The Darwin Myth" by Benjamin Wilker. It was a good book to read and complemented our club book, "The Reluctant Mr. Darwin" by David Quammen.


My hair cutters came from Amazon yesterday. The box went to our last address. A friend picked it up from that address - meeting some nice people he said - and is mailing it back to Amazon today. I will be re-ordering new cutters today.

  • I had a low BSR yesterday of 144. That's the best it's been in years! Today was 160. Still not too bad, but I'd like to see more in the 130s and 140s for now. Still at 24 units once a day in the morning.

  •  This week I learned that the word "jerry-rigged" means putting something together in a slapdash, shoddy manner. To improvise is to "jury-rig". I've been using it wrong all this time.

  • Started a new nonfiction book this week; the title says it wall -well almost. I'll probably mention more about it later.

  • Watched live golf this weekend - the Charles Schwab Tournament in Dallas, Texas- with no fans and social distancing among the players. While it is somewhat quieter and different, it is still good to see a live sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment