Tuesday, October 1, 2019

It's Not Over Until...

Well, I got the stitches out this morning. There is good news and bad news. The good news is that the incision is healing well; in fact, the nurse complimented me on how well I was able to keep both the stitches and the incision so moist like I was supposed to do. Most people don't do a very good job of it. I had a total of 15 stitches.




The bad news is that it is still covered. The nurse put on some glue on the incision and covered it with six flex-strips or other tapelike material. These have to stay on for two more weeks; but if they fall off after two days that is okay too.



She also said that a small amount of leakage is normal. By that, I am assuming she meant blood. I noticed I have a few drops on my T-shirt.


The most difficult thing to keep the scar as moist as possible. The nurse originally said to use petroleum jelly again. I told her I couldn't/didn't want to do that because then I would have had to wear a patch over it and that jelly would stain my shirt. She finally said I could use Gold Bond cream like I did for my biopsy.

Anyhow, I'll take it easy for a few days, then about Monday begin another set of exercises.



2 comments:

  1. looks like the caterpillar is losing it's legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's still some dissolvable stitches under the skin. The doctor said don't worry if I see some bluish-purple like wormy things coming to the surface later.

    ReplyDelete