Thursday, May 2, 2019

Reading Update

I finally finished a couple of books and am now moving on to others. It has seemed like I wasn't getting anywhere, but actually, I had several large books to read. The last two, one fiction and one nonfiction, were done this past weekend.





The Indian Clerk is historical fiction. It is about the story of G.H. Hardy, a famous English mathematician, who becomes a mentor and collaborator with a young Indian self-taught mathematics whiz, Srinivasa Ramanujan. I had read about the story before, and actually saw a movie based on it - "The Man Who Knew Infinity", starring Jeremy Irons as Hardy. I enjoyed the book.

The nonfiction book was written by a psychiatrist who has written similarly titled books about Obama and George W. Bush. It was applied psychoanalysis of Trump. It was interesting.

So what am I reading now? Still the Leonardo book; I only have about 100 pages to go. It's interesting, but I don't know how much detail I will remember. I am also reading a philosophy book which I am finding rather interesting.

book

I've read the author before. I don't usually read philosophy, but Klein is a good writer. As for fiction, I am reading the latest by Longworth. It takes place in Aix, France, and it is about a magistrate and his wife (they just got married in the previous book). I enjoy reading them because the author spends a great deal of time talking about food, wine, and cigars.

 .

I just received another book by Jon Meacham in the mail today. I ordered it from Barnes & Noble. I haven't decided if I am going to begin it as well or not.


I'll give another reading update in a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment