Monday, May 6, 2019

Close Call

We've got our TV reception back again. It appears all I had to do was to reset - unplug and plug back in - the monitor. 

We had been having trouble with the cable link all last week so I decided to just keep the monitor, and the cable box, on around the clock. Anyhow, Friday night it somehow shut down.

I went through the cable box reset like Lumos showed me, but no go. The strange thing was that I couldn't get the monitor to shut off. But it wasn't displaying anything either. So I called Lumos. They talked me through a "Grand" reset, but it didn't take, so they scheduled a technician to come out this morning.

When he got here I reviewed everything with him. He was puzzled by the lack of display on the monitor as well. We discussed the possibility of replacing the TV (it is over 15 years old). Then he decided to pull the plug on the monitor - it is behind the wall-mounted screen. After a few seconds he re-plugged it in, and voila!

While it works fine now, we still may have to replace the TV. I think I'll begin to look around.

And one more thing: before I did that "Grand" reset I was told I would erase all of my saved programs. Thankfully, I didn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment