Saturday, October 27, 2018

What a Week

Everything was going well until Wednesday. Lisa backed into another car when she was leaving a client in Staunton. Of course, it was the new car, the GMC Terrain.



We took it up to the body shop Thursday morning. USAA handled everything. What they didn't, Charlie O'Baugh body shop did. Fortunately, it is only about $1,700. We have a $500 deductible. It goes in on Monday morning and we get it back on Thursday. Enterprise has a rental for us which insurance pays for.

So we decided to drive to Waynesboro library that afternoon. I ran over a piece of wood in the road with three nails. Spent an hour waiting for the repair truck, then took the car to a local tire shop next to our community. Walked home and walked back an hour later to pick it up.

Friday morning I woke up with stomach cramps and had to cancel my volunteering at the Jackson House. I spent the day watching CNN and the arrest of the mail bomber.

Today I felt fine. I spent most of the day watching CNN and the horrific shooting in Pittsburgh of the Jewish synagogue. 

Watching the events of the past week put everything in perspective. Who am I to complain?


No comments:

Post a Comment