Thursday, October 18, 2018

Keeping the Mind Sharp

I found an app the other day that I rather enjoy. It's mathematically based, so I am prejudiced when I say that this is the best mind game exercise I've seen in quite a while. It's called Math Puzzles. The first few are relatively easy, but get quickly more difficult. Here is a screenshot of the first puzzle:


Relatively easy, it is simple addition: 1+1=2, 2+2=4...5+5=10. You just have to type in 1 and 0 in the "Submit" box.

The second puzzle is:


Again, not difficult - multiplication: 2x2=4, 4x4=16...5x5=25

Here is a screenshot of the 11th puzzle:


By now they are getting more difficult. Each one requires TWO operations:

     For the first, you initially subtract 3 from 5 and get 2.
     Next, you add 3 to 5 and you get 8. Your answer is 28. Simple, yes?

And the answer for 7, 5 = ?  212 obviously.  😏

Currently, I am on puzzle 17 and have not had to use pen and paper yet. But I have had to take a screenshot now and then to study.

It's a good way to waste some time. Try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment