Friday, October 5, 2018

Paco Rabonne

Last week I  was watching the first episode of the season of  "The Big Theory" in which Stuart was getting ready for a date and asked Raj to smell his wrist. After a moment or two of silliness, Raj does and says "Paco Rabonne", sounding impressed.

That reminded me initially that I wore Paco Rabonne for a while in the 80's and 90's. In fact, during that period of my life, I wore many different kinds of cologne, trying what I liked and what I didn't. I tried many. I still wear cologne at times,and I have a few favorites - Aramis, McGraw, Paul Sebastien, Polo, and Eau de Cologne. But lately, I have been going retro. When I wear cologne now, most often I will wear one of two old standbys: Old Spice and English Leather.


Like many men, I wear Old Spice because I like the smell obviously, but besides that I wear it because my father wore it. Now, Pop wore Aqua Velva and Mennen Skin Bracer as well and I followed suit for a while. I think he used them because they were cheap. I have found that I enjoy Old Spice in the hotter times of the year. I wear either English Leather or one of my more expensive labels in the cooler temperatures.

I told you that I wear Old Spice primarily because that's what my father wore; why I wear English Leather is an entirely different story. But I will save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment