Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Book Choices for 2021 Book Club


Without any preamble, this is the list of books I have decided my selection (or selections) will be coming from for the coming year, along with notes to myself to help in my decision:

Fiction

A Very Long Engagement (find)

Regeneration

City of Thieves

A Gentleman in Moscow

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

The Wind in the Willows

The Secret Garden (library book)

Doomsday Book (library book)

Madonnas of Leningrad

The Indian Clerk

The Two Georges

Going After Cacciato (library book)

  

 

Non-Fiction

Spillover (500+ pages)

Killers of the Flower Moon (library book)

The Island of the Colorblind

The Death of Politics (decide after the election)

The Death of Truth (decide after the election)

Travels with Epicurus

Caesar's Last Breath

The Library Book

Inextinguishable Symphony

Shoe Dog (library book)

Movie Nights with the Reagans (library book)

Twin Tracks

The Pinball Effect


I will be discussing a few of these in the days to come to help me decide on my final selections - I'll choose two in case we need to cover the 11 months of book meetings. As of today, we have three submissions. I'll make my selections after I know everyone else has either submitted theirs or if someone has declined to submit one (we have two of these so far).


No comments:

Post a Comment