Sunday, August 16, 2020

Repairing Hershey's KIsses

 The other day my wife told me the strangest story. It was while we were sitting in our reading chairs in the living room, each eating a Hershey's Kiss candy. She said, "They still haven't fixed the tips". When I asked her what she meant, she said the tips on the Kisses were still broken off. I looked at mine and she was right.


As the story goes, the tips began missing as far back as early 2019. Eagle-eyed customers began writing Hershey's asking what happened to the points. It was ruining the look of the famous cookie that has a single Kiss sitting on the top of a round cookie (I forget the name). The company said it would look into it.

It never found out what was causing all of the tips to be broken. A spokesperson did say, however, that soon new Kisses would be coming out with complete tips. But that has not happened to date, a year and a half later.

An obvious answer as to what is causing the destruction of the tips would be the machinery that makes the candy. But nary a suggestion from the company. And when one opens the foil around the candy, there is no evidence of the missing tip.

I'll still eat them. And they will still look good sitting atop those cookies. But I sure would like to know what causes it and where are the missing tips. 

Maybe a future Twilight Zone episode?

No comments:

Post a Comment