Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

Well, another year, another decade. It just seems like yesterday that I was sitting in bed (with the flu) watching Peter Jennings and the world stepped into 2000, all hoping that Y2K didn't come crashing down around our Internet heads. I watched as each time zone celebrated the new year, the new decade, and can I say, the new century (there was and is still some argument as to whether it's actually 2001)? In any case, tempis fugit, as Caesar said I believe my Latin is correct).

Last evening was spent as we normally spend New Year's Eve, or at least for the last twenty-some years. We have a seafood dinner - lobster, shrimp, scallops crab; this year we saved the lobster for Valentine's Day. Then we watch our usual movie for this day - When Harry Met Sally. If you have seen the movie then you know it is a movie for New Year's Eve. We love it and have watched it every year - except 2000 - since the early nineties.

I finished my 64th book of the year earlier in the day. About average for me; more than last year. I'll probably be writing more about my reading in the next few days so I'll leave it there for now.

As far as resolutions are concerned, I was reading one of my very favorite blogs this morning,  "Far Side of Fifty", on Blogspot, and she uses just a one-word resolution each year. She says it seems to work. I think I am going to try it. Now I just need to choose the right word that will cover so many areas I need to cover.

Anyhow, Happy New Year and let's get on with it!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment