Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Christmas Ornaments 1

The (artificial) Christmas tree will be coming down in a few days. We left it up later than normal because we put it up late. I like this fake tree better than any we have had before. It's a 7-ft tree and narrow. Our others -I think this is only our second - were about the same height but fat. I can't remember when we began with artificial trees, but I believe it was when we were in Scotland (PA).

I decided this year to take some pictures of some of our tree decorations. I got the idea from Far Side of Fifty's blog. We have so many it will take me a few posts and I still did not take pics of them all. Here is the tree this year.



My wife would buy ornaments whenever we traveled. Two of these were from a trip to Nashville a couple of years ago when we visited our middle daughter. The Hershey candy bar was when we took our two youngest daughters to visit both the plant and the park about 25 years ago.


 

The elves were the original shelf elves. They were my mother's mothers. (we called her Little Gram since she was only five feet tall. Our other grandmother, Big Gram, was six-foot.)



This was the Cape Hatares lighthouse from the Outer Banks in North Carolina, where we went for our 25th wedding anniversary.


These are two from the Stonewall Jackson House: his house and TJ himself.


 


More later when the tree comes down.






1 comment:

  1. I remember those elves and I especially remember trying to find those
    other little ornaments that she would always hide in the depths of the tree.

    ReplyDelete