Sunday, June 2, 2019

Marty

I know 1984 and 2001 have already past, but I think we might be getting closer to Hal than you think. I was in the local Martin's grocery store the other day. I kept hearing this person's voice saying things like "spill in aisle 8", and "floor mess in aisle 12" (at least it sounded like "mess"). Anyhow, I was walking through the produce section and all of a sudden I looked up - I was looking for Vidalia onions - and saw this giant Pez dispenser on wheels coming right at me!


I didn't know what it was, but my wife had apparently met him before. He roams the aisles and everywhere and calls out where spills and other messes are found. He doesn't clean up the mess; he just yells it out and keeps moving.

My wife says he won't run into you, but he looked like he wasn't stopping for me. Finally, he turned. That's when I saw someone had put a paper nametag on him. It said "Marty".


No comments:

Post a Comment