Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What a Difference a Day Makes

Taken approximately 24 hours apart from the same location


Yesterday, I went for a long walk around the development about 3:00pm.  It was 52 degrees.  I captured the picture on the left near our clubhouse overlooking a small crater lake.  Today I went walking about 1:30pm.  It was 30 degrees.  And snow was following.  There was a wind yesterday, but thankfully it was not cold.  Today, just a small breeze and not bothersome at all. 

The winter parka I bought at the Sea Lions Cave in Florence, Oregon, in 2008, was fine for today's snow for the first lap - 45 minutes.  It was just beginning to show some water on its outer shell.  I should have changed when I stopped to get my camera (phone), but decided to see how well it would work for an hour. By the time I finished it was wet enough to drip a little.  Next time I'll switch to the Gore-Tex Boathouse parka I got from Xavier.  Can't be beat for warmth, repellant ability, and light weight.  Only negative is that it only has a roll-up nylon hood that hides in the collar instead of a lined removable hood like the sea lion one has.  Going to look into some warm Under Armour gear.

I am getting back to walking my normal one and half-hour walk each day.  My next goal is to increase the time to 2 hours each day, with a long walk - 3 hours on either Saturday or Sunday.  We'll have to see though with the rest of the week being in the teens for a high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment