Saturday, December 25, 2021

A Different Christmas

 This was a different Christmas from years past without even considering COVID. This year I didn't get a book as a present. I can't remember when the last time that happened. I figure back in the 70's.

I am trying to cut down on my physical library. I use the library for most of my book club selections - unless it's one I have recommended; then I already have it.

This year I asked for DVDs. I had bought a book about the TV series, Numb3rs, on TV in the early 2000s where a mathematician helps his FBI brother solve crimes using math. So got the first three seasons - which happens to be what the book covered. Can't wait to begin watching and reading, though it will be not a continuous read,


We usually just buy a book and/or a CD for each other, but this year we decided to buy an old-style LP record (they are now called vinyl) player. We have about 300 of old records we both grew up with, but haven't played them in almost 30 years! So far, the few we've tried haven't seemed to suffer any damage.


We're not going anywhere due to COVID. We've got a baptism next month for our newest grandchild in Pennsylvania. And Lisa may have to go down again for our middle daughter's possible surgery. She was there at the beginning of this month for a surgery on a thyroid.



2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Our kids got an LP player a few years ago we gave them all our vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening to Simon & Garfunkel tonight. They sang at my college graduation party in the quad in 1966!

    ReplyDelete