Saturday, May 29, 2021

A Visit to the ER

 This has been a month of reading and book clubs and doctor visits with a short detour to the emergency room. Not much writing got done. My handwriting especially has taken a dive. 

Let's begin with the ER visit. Two weeks tonight I woke up with the worst shaking I have ever experienced. My whole body shook uncontrollably. I had to go to the bathroom where I threw up in a bucket while I had diarrhea on the toilet. Once I ejected things from my body, my shakes stopped, but I had an upset stomach the rest of the night and into Sunday. 

Monday I was still not feeling that good, but did not have any more shaking or upset stomach. When Lisa came home from work, she came over to where I was sitting in my LazyBoy, saw my legs, and said, "You need to go to the ER". So we went.



Once the ER people ran an Ultrasound and ruled out a clot in my leg, they pumped me full of antibiotics in an IV and said I had cellulitis in my left leg. They gave two antibiotic prescriptions and drew a blue line on my leg so I could watch whether the infection was retreating or still advancing.

Fortunately, it retreated. The redness is almost completely gone as is most of the swelling. Oddly, I never had any pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment