Saturday, January 16, 2021

Morning Things

 The morning began well. 

I had an email from my primary care doctor informing me that our local hospital will begin COVID vaccine shots next Wednesday. I went online and signed up. I get mine at 8:10am, Inauguration Day! It's the Phizer vaccine, so I'll get my next one three weeks later. That puts me one day after my wife who got her first one this past Tuesday. She got the Moderna, so she has to wait four weeks.

Then I watched the news and It made me depressed, sad, mad, and then fed up, so I turned to English soccer. My team, Tottenham, is currently in fifth place, so that didn't help my disposition.

This past Tuesday we had our first meeting of the new year and we had 10 of 14 people show up (virtually). Most enjoyed the book. I began reading next month's book this morning. It is labeled historical fiction, so it's based on a true story. Sounds interesting.


It takes place in 1739 South Carolina and is the story of a 16-year-old girl who manages the family's three plantations making indigo ink. I don't anything about making indigo, so it should be interesting.

Finally, I got a text from my wife who is working this morning about 10 miles away. She said it was snowing heavily where she was. I went to the door and looked out. There was a small dusting on the ground, but only wetness on the street and walkways. It was barely snowing here. Thirty minutes later I decided to take a picture for the blog. Here's what I got.


Excuse the lack of clarity; the window did that. In any case, the snow was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment